Thursday, July 27, 2017

On the Border



This little trip took place during the beginning of Summer when all felt right and things were easy.  Now a days things are harder since losing my grandma...these things just take time I suppose...

As soon as school got out we hit the road and again with no real plans, we just had a few stops we wanted to make. We first found the abandoned train, we had been sitting on those coordinates for awhile so it was nice to finally see it. It was 115 degrees that day I was surprised we didn't all die from heat stroke. I have never sweated so much in my life. It was still worth it though. We then headed over to Salvation Mountain where it was still blazing hot but such a magical, strange, little place. 


We then needed to decide where to head next. We all voted for Mexico considering we were so close to the border. We headed into Rosarito the next day and relaxed on the beach. We had a really good experience crossing the border and it only took us about 45 minutes to get back in the states. It is something I would totally do again. We decided to then head to Palm Springs to relax even more. We checked into the ACE Hotel and spent the day by the pool before heading home. I have no pictures from Mexico or Palm Springs except some iPhone shots. My camera thought it would be fun to quit working half way through the trip and then magically start working as soon as we got back. Oh well, we still had the best little adventure and it was a good way to kick off the Summer. 

I am doing my best to keep this Summer fun and adventurous for Audrey even though most days I am not really feeling it. Tomorrow we plan on doing a road trip up the Northern Coast of California in search of some magic and to help take our mind of things for a bit.  We shall see what we find...

No comments:

Post a Comment