Monday, August 4, 2014

Two and a Half Ladies (Highway One)


Last week my sister and I decided to take a daycation down the coast. There was no planning involved but booking a hotel in a small coastal down over looking the ocean. The only thing we had in mind was to make a ton of stops along highway one to take in the scenery. We made stops in Carmel, Big Sur, San Simeon, Cambria, and some stops we didn't even know what town we were in. It was a nice time spent with my sister and we love showing Audrey all the things the coast has to offer. During one of our hikes we got to see whales and even seals. The best part was seeing these animals in their natural habitat. I love doing overnight trips like this...they are truly my favorite.

Shortly after we got back from our trip my sister was in a car accident. My sister is okay, but her back really took a hit. She unfortunately broke her back and it may require surgery. It really puts things in perspective and I am super thankful for my sister. We are complete opposites but totally can relate to each other if that makes any sense. Basically, I love being there for her and she loves being there for me. As soon as she heals I am going to plan another trip for us. 

First Adventure
Second Adventure

1 comment:

  1. Highway 1 has such beautiful scenery. Its so special when you can spend quality time with your sister. Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete