Sunday, November 2, 2014

Read and Create Instead...


Read and create instead is something we live by around here. I am forever trying to give her the tools to be creative. She may never have the latest and greatest toys but I will always spend the time and (some) money to get her to use her imagination. I have to thank pinterest, our art teacher at my school, and my mom for the awesome art ideas.

We are also trying to have a little reader in the family. I am constantly building her little library with used books. The other night I caught her reading by her night light WAY past her bedtime. I still made her go to sleep but I was so proud. During our commutes home from work she pretty much looks at her books the whole way. We have a few books on tape that I want to start listening to in the car. These are just simple ideas that hopefully will go a long way. 

Some tools we always have on hand...
Water colors
Drawing Chalk
Jumbo Crayons
Colored Pencils
Paint Brush Pens
Plenty of activity books, paper, and stickers
Mini Easal
Play Doh
We also always have plenty of pipe cleaners, foam stickers, beads, pom poms, and other random scrap booking supplies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment