Thursday, January 31, 2013

Learning to Cook

Lemon asparagus shrimp pasta

I have been doing some cooking in the kitchen lately :) It seems to be going pretty well. My problem is finding the time. Most days I get home way too late to cook a proper meal, so I try new recipes during the weekend or if I have time during the week :) The Little Lady eats what we eat and so far all the recipes I have tried have been Audrey approved!! This meal pictured above is super easy and super good. This recipe is good to use when time is not on your side...

Ingredients
2 cups (one inch) sliced asparagus
1/2 chopped green onions
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon rind
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 tablespoons black pepper
8 ounces of any pasta will work

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to packaging.
2. Add asparagus the last three minutes the pasta is cooking.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. The shrimp is optional, I am not a huge fan of meat but I do love seafood :) I just cooked the shrimp on a skillet with olive oil and some garlic and added it to the pasta when it was cooked :)

This whole learning to cook thing will take some time, patience, and some determination. I am up for the challenge though... 




2 comments: