Friday, April 14, 2017

Learning and Growing




April has been so busy, so much work, so much to do, but at the same time, so much fun. This Little Lady turned six on the sixth and it was the best little day. We celebrated with close family and Audrey couldn't have been more excited to turn six. We are officially on Spring Break now and taking full advantage of this time off. We started today with some Easter crafts and a gorgeous hike. In a few days we will be leaving to Mexico!! Audrey is already packed and ready to go. She packed her swimsuit, sandals, and her coloring books... you know the essentials. I suppose you don't really need much more than that. We are looking forward to this trip it is so needed. 

This month we also took some steps to assess her focus issues in class. We hope to start some classes on social skills and whole body listening when we get back. I also found a ton of books to read and get more educated. I know this will be a life long journey and I just want to learn everything I can on how my her brain works. I want her to learn skills that will help her in classroom even if we don't continue with traditional classroom education. She does so well one on one but being with others she gets distracted very easily. However, we just got her report card and she is doing so well academically... most of her grades are above class grade mastery. If anyone has any advice on this topic... please share. I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment