Sunday, January 7, 2018

Finding Magic in 2018


I know I have said this a million times... but last year was just not our year. We lost a very important person in our lives and for me it really changed everything. It is still hard to believe that she is gone but she (our grandma) always told us to live each day to the fullest and this is what we fully intend to do in this new year...

We have made some travel plans this Summer which include a month in Europe and another week in Mexico and a few other plans are in the works. We are so excited and can't wait to experience other cultures. It will be such a good learning experience for both of us. Another thing I am trying to do this year is help Audrey to find her true passion. Right now she takes ballet and piano which she likes but maybe doesn't love. Although, I catch her dancing and practicing piano on her own from time to time... even if she doesn't want to admit it. I just want to help her grow whatever it is that she is passionate about. She for sure loves crafting and creating things. We got her a sewing machine that she wanted for Christmas and my mom has already started giving her lessons. They are working on making a mermaid purse together. I also started reading Harry Potter with Audrey, we have the illustrated version for when we are home and the paperback copy to read when we are out. I have never read it before and wanted to wait to read it with her when she was ready. I am so excited that she is in to it. I want to read the whole series with her. Another thing that I want to do with Audrey is find a program that we can volunteer at that gives back to our community. My dad did with this me and although I didn't realize it at the time I really learned a lot from it. 

We are going to try to keep this year simple and fill it with plenty of love and hopefully find a little magic along the way.  Here is to travel, adventure, loving and living on repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment