Thursday, June 16, 2016

Yosemite in One Day



The other day we did a quick/day trip to Yosemite. It takes about three hours to get there and let me tell you it is well worth the drive. People think that we (my sister, Audrey and I) are crazy to take such a trip in one day but there isn't really any place to stay... everything is booked way in advanced. My sister and I think these types of trips are perfect and have no complaints driving the hours just to see some beautiful views. We once drove from the bay to Malibu just for the sunset and to eat at our favorite restaurant. It is super important to me to show Audrey all that I can and for her to appreciate all the beauty this world has to offer. I want her to be obsessed with the outdoors and making memories rather than being obsessed with the latest and greatest material things. 

So on Tuesday we left around eight in the morning with the car packed full of snacks and our water bottles and we were off.  We made one stop and that was for gas and a green smoothie for me. We got to the park a little after eleven and stayed till almost four. There is so much to see and do and the park is completely car friendly. You can park easily and drive the whole park without too much confusion or traffic. We saw most of the popular sights Glacier Point, El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls, and Yosemite Falls just to name a few.  I would like to one day soon go back and hike some of the trails. The John Muir Trail is something I would love to do... at least part of it. It was overall a really good day. We saw so many amazing and beautiful things. It was well worth the drive up and back. 

Summer is off to such a good start and this is just the beginning of some amazing adventures!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the pictures! I would definitely drive 3hours to see these views. Thanks for sharing I've really enjoyed being taken to a new place today by your post!

    ReplyDelete