Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Work Life


Work life it is something I don't talk too much about on this space. I work in education and during the day I help students with math in small groups and after school I supervise a after school care program. My days are long, really long but I do enjoy what I do and can't imagine doing anything else. I love working with students and that is something I knew I wanted to do from a very early age. If my day is long...Audrey's day is long too. She is my commuting buddy, we travel about 30 minutes to work in the morning and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour coming home with traffic. Audrey has been doing this with me since she was a baby, so this is something she is use to. For the most part she is pretty well behaved in the car but she has her moments especially when we are stuck in traffic. Her car rides are full of reading, drawing, and singing songs. Somedays after traffic popsicles are a must...it gives us both a quick break before getting dinner started and getting things organized. The hardest part about working full time is staying organized and just overall keeping a good balance between home life and work life. My days are far from perfect but we do the best we can each week. Here is to a good school year ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment