|Sweet Potato Lasagna|
So I promise this whole "learning to cook" thing is happening. I found some really awesome recipes. Finding the time is my problem but I am determined :) This lasagna was really good... I went back for thirds. The Little Lady enjoyed this too, she liked pulling out all the veggies and eating them :)
4 medium tomatoes (quartered)
1 red onion
3 sweet potatoes (peeled and thickly sliced)
2 zucchinis (sliced)
I red and yellow pepper (deseeded and cubed)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ricotta cheese
3 tbsp freshly chopped basil
4 oz grated cheddar cheese
4 fl oz heavy cream
1 medium egg beaten
8 sheets fresh lasagna
1. Pre heat oven to 350. Then place all chopped veggies in a bowl and add olive oil. You can add fresh ground black pepper as well.
2. Then place veggies on a roasting pan and bake for around 40 minutes.
3. While veggies are baking... In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, basil, half the cheddar cheese, and the egg. This will be your sauce and cheese spread.
4. Once veggies are done baking... Arrange half of them on the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Then place half the lasagna sheets over the veggies and spoon half the ricotta cheese mixture over lasagna sheets.
5. Repeat this process once more, finishing with a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle over remaining cheddar cheese and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.