Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Make it Count


Making each day count has been the theme around here since returning back to work. Our days are long around here and getting tired is inevitable. I am slowly learning to keep things light and easy when we get home. In the past I was constantly searching for the secret of how to get dinner on the table, chores done, lunches packed and still be able to relax and spend quality time together. My Grandma told me "There is no secret... you just do it and do it with a smile." 

Since hearing this advice things have been falling into place at home. My husband and I have started doing a weekly menu and whoever gets home first, starts dinner. Chores such as laundry, dishes, packing lunches and other household things still get done (because we are neat freaks) but at a slower pace. Spending the evening together is our first priority. Life is good and we want to make each day count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment